Saturday, February 27, 2010

Happy Birthday, Ang !!

Here's to Angela, our first daughter who has brought such joy to our hearts. We must have been anticipating this, for we named her Angela Joy. :-)


How would I describe Angela?
  • Loving
  • Respectful
  • Courageous (as noted in a former post)
  • Organized
  • Punctual
  • Responsible
  • Persevering
  • Logical
  • Intelligent
  • Undemanding
  • Considerate
  • Comfortable to be around
  • Analytical
(I was going to try to make an acrostic out of that, but...) And if she had written that list, it would have been better organized! :-)
Two of my favorite photos from when Angela was a kid:
How I love that smile!
That's Angela at 3 years old, when we went to the Prairie Farm school on photo day.

Here's Angela with Jane, her first horse. She was totally responsible for Jane's care from the time we brought Jane home. I remember telling Angela that we would get her a horse, but if the horse started interferring with her piano lessons, it would be the horse that goes. I don't know if that was just a horrid threat, but she never let horse business keep her from piano practice. And she went out day and night, blistering heat or sub-zero, rain or shine, sleet or snow to take care of that horse! (It's a wonder she didn't grow up to be a mail carrier.)

I can't wait to spend time with you in March, Birthday Girl!



Love, Mom

2 comments:

Angela said...

Awww, thanks! :D

Thank you for being such a wonderful mom, and for suffering through that awful, painful event 36 years ago today to bring me into this world!

Deborah said...

You do have a wonderful daughter. (and very beautiful too.) I remember that horse and I remember how much she loved that horse. I thought it possible that one day she would grow up to train horses. Thank you for sharing the beautiful collage. (you did a great job!) :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails