Thursday, May 6, 2010

What's Blooming

I can't tell whether this is going to turn into a sunny day or not. It was very cloudy when I woke up, but those clouds seem to be lifting. Yea!! I am so much more energized by sunny days, and today I need all the energy I can muster.

I know these aren't the only blossoming trees around here, but though I'd share these photos from our backyard anyway.



These are the blossoms from our McIntosh apple tree. We still have nearly a hundred pints of applesauce that we got from this amazing tree last fall!  I keep forgetting to use it. I'm hoping that our daughter and son-in-law have room for jars of applesauce, along with The Boxcar Children books from her childhood that we're taking with us when we go to visit this weekend. Maybe I should make it a deal: For every Boxcar book, you get a jar of applesauce. Take it or leave it.


The beloved 'bleeding heart,' just beginning to blossom. I think this is one of my favorites because it was my grandma's favorite. It is so delicate and intricate, such a showcase of Design>Designer.

Blossoms on the Golden Delicious [apple] tree.

 

The flowering crab, just at the beginning of it's blossoming time. I hope we get a few days after we return home to look at these glorious blossoms, before wind or rain blow them all off the tree. Of all the trees in our yard, this may be my favorite.

I just realized how much I have to try to get done today before we leave bright and early tomorrow morning. Foolishly, I made a new batch of soap last night, which means that I have to bribe Joe into turning my new soap bars daily while  I'm gone. That's in addition to watering my plants, feeding my dogs, cleaning my cats' litter boxes, making sure that Bridger is taken out only on a lead because of his back problem, and giving Bridger his pill once a day...Hmmm. Here's where some creative thinking would come in handy.

Got any good ideas?


5 comments:

partialemptynester said...

Fresh out of ideas as to how all that will be done while you are gone, lol, but I sure do LOVE your beautiful yard...esp, the flowering crab, it's simply gorgeous!!!

Cranberry Morning said...

Yeah, Robin, it is asking for a miracle, isn't it. ;-) Mostly, if the dogs and cats are still alive when I return, I'll be pretty happy. :-)

Deborah said...

Well, for Joe you could tell him if he gets all the chores done while you are gone...you will let him take a week off of work with pay. (oh...well then how about you'll bake his favorite dessert).
I loved today's post and it is so funny...when I stopped to pick up my soap I got out of my car and looked in the direction of the tree and the daffodils and I thought, 'you should tell Judy to take a photo of this beautiful sight and put it on her blog'. But then I forgot but you did it anyway. :D Your yard is so beautiful and I have my chair reserved by the pond and I would like gluten-free chocolate chip cookies to go with my coffee please. Thank you my friend. :)

Cranberry Morning said...

Thanks, Deb. I'll bake GF chocolate chip cookies when I return home and we'll have to get together for coffee!

Bethany Nash said...

I hope your apple blossoms don't freeze tonight...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails