Sunday, April 24, 2011

He is Risen!!



Hallelujah! What a Savior!!


'My hope lives not because I am not a sinner, but because I am a sinner for whom Christ died; my trust is not that I am holy, but that being unholy, he is my righteousness. My faith rests not upon what I am, or shall be, or feel, or know, but in what Christ is, in what he has done, and in what he is now doing for me.' - Charles Spurgeon

Okay, so Christians believe in the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Ever wondered, 'What's the significance of the empty tomb? Alistair Begg takes a look at the Resurrection and why it's an issue we can't ignore.

If you've never pondered this question before, I suggest you do it now. So take your laptop to a comfortable chair, put your feet up, and click on the above link to listen to this important discussion with one of today's great theologians.

You're gonna love the Scottish accent!! :-)


'Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.'  - I Peter 1:3


'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'  - Jeremiah 29:11








8 comments:

Johnnie said...

Thanks for sharing this. I have the video bookmarked. What a glorious day! Happy Easter.

jennyfreckles said...

Wishing you a very happy Easter, full of joy and peace.

Empty Nester said...

Hope your day was wonderful!

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Praise God we serve a risen Saviour! Hope you had a wonderful Resurrection SONday!

Heide at ApronHistory said...

Happy Easter!!
Hope you had a good visit with family.

J_on_tour said...

Awesome quote from Spurgeon. I occasionally come across Alistair Begg at the Keswick convention when I mix it with my July Lake District hill walking week. Nice to see the last verse here and the context that you have used that sometimes people, including myself, read superficially. Hope you had a good Easter.

Johnnie said...

So, I beaded yesterday while listening to this video. You are right, the accent was so soothing! I love the road to Emmaus account. I also really appreciated how he explained that Christianity is religion based on historical events. Thanks again for sharing. Keep em coming. Lots of beading in my future :)

Anonymous said...

Amen and preach on!! I listened while folding...love his accent, but even more I love what he had to say, sooo true!!! Thank you for directing your readers to the link, it's something we all need to hear! Just like he said in the end, there needs to be more pictures of a victorious Christ, not just the depictions of Him on the cross! I long for artwork that shows Him victorious...yes, with the cross at His feet as Alistair Begg suggests, but also of Him riding on His white horse with His tongue as a double-edged sword...what hope Revelation gives us that He is coming back in all His glory, having defeated death and is now in Heaven interceding, waiting for the signal from God the Father saying it's time, time to go take from the world what is His for the taking...and oh, dear Lord, thank you for that salvation that is mine through Him!
Ooh, it's easy to get on a soapbox after hearing that sermon! Thanks again, Judy, for passing it along!

...partialemptynester ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails