Friday, February 3, 2012

London Tube Map Desk

My cheery winter desk

You're right. It's not the desk I use for work, unless it's to set my laptop next to the printer and print something. The work desk has things like yarn, flashlight, Digestives, lamp, Shakespeare, Confederate flag (and US flag), calendar from Henry, a pair of socks, address book, chalk and eraser, camera, knitting needles, a stuffed German Shepherd Dog, an old Russell Stover candy tin with Labrador Retrievers on it, Scottish teacake recipes, a candle, a couple soap recipes, etc. etc.  As I told someone the other day, 'Progress is messy!'  BUT, my Tube Map desk is not messy. And it's fun to have that map out where I can see it, instead of rolled up, sitting in the closet.


...and some of my favorite maps to read during the cold winter!
One can always dream...

Do you have any late winter vacations planned?
Hope you have a great weekend!

And now I AM going to tidy up my work desk. Bridger, did YOU set these socks on my desk???

Starting Monday, February 6, I'm having a 25% off all of my homemade luxury soaps. The sale will begin at 12:01 AM and run through Friday the 10th, ending at 12 midnight. From February 6-10 only. Click on the link below to read all about it!  I make my soaps in small batches, so hurry. Supplies are limited.


Photobucket
...and more! Check out all my handcrafted soaps at
HomemadeSoapNSuch.com

This post is linked to some or all of the following: Mop it Up Mondays and Skip to My Lou and Bedazzle Me Monday and  What's in the Gunny Sack and  Making the World Cuter Mondays and Make the Scene Monday and  Made By You Monday and  Something I Whipped Up Monday and  Motivate Me Monday and  Making Monday Marvelous and Get Your Craft On and Tip Me Tuesday and  Made from Scratch Tuesday and  Take a Look Tuesday and  Tasty Tuesday and Tasty Tuesday and  Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays  and Two Maids a Baking and Overflowing With Creativity and What's Cookin' Wednesday and Cast Party Wednesday and  We Did it Wednesday  and It's a Party at Creative Princess and Link it Up Thursday and Threading Your Way and Lisa's Gluten-Free Blog and Favorite Things Friday and I'm Lovin' it Friday and It's a Hodgepodge Friday  and Creative Bloggers and  Serenity Saturday and  Home and Family Friday
Photobucket

21 comments:

Paulette said...

Wanderlust - your post has got me thinking about traveling. I am in the stages of planning my second trip to Poland with my cousin, and in May I will go to Hawaii for the first time. Until then It will be a long February, March, and April. Happy Weekend❤

J_on_tour said...

It looks like the London transport information office !!
There'll be a telephone call shortly for you to advise a customer on how to get from Liverpool street to Waterloo ... now that will pass 5 minutes for you !! haha. Seriously though, it's a great idea as the tea towel lacks a bit of colour, my fridge is full and ... err ... I'm not fancying the tee shirt !!

You have some classic maps to browse through at the moment ...& if it's any consolation to you, that's probably what I am going to have to do at the moment as well.

Denise said...

Makes me want to travel.

Joyce said...

I do : )

I'm keeping them quiet until after the fact. It's not England but it will be an adventure. shhh...

Michelle said...

I love maps. What a great way to get to enjoy them! I'd love to travel but no plans anytime soon anyway.

Yenta Mary said...

The map is a perfect souvenir of a favorite place, and it's ideal to have it out rather than hidden away. I'd be tempted to start tracing along where I wanted to be travelling ... :)

Lois Christensen said...

No, not going anywhere! Hope you have a nice weekend!

Rachel said...

We aren't really having a cold winter here. :/ It's 70 today.

I love that map! :)

I'll have to be sure to come back and check out that sale!

Happy Friday!

:)
Rach

Heide at ApronHistory said...

No travel plans at the moment, unless it is visiting Beckya nd Ian! :)
Our Cousins are coming for a visit in March though! It should really be the other way around, as Texas is rather nice in March.

Anonymous said...

What a cool idea to put a map like that.
No winter holiday planned, but the summer holiday is already booked ^_^ it's going to be Turkey this year. I love travelling and taking photographs.
Have a great weekend!
Hugs x

Eva

Ruth Kelly said...

I keep all my old maps including the ones from England and Ireland when I was there in 2001. They do come in handy when researching roots.

Candace said...

If only I had a trip planned....

I'm getting Spring fever in the worst way!

Have a wonderful weekend,
Candace

Under Her Wings said...

My sweet husband is taking me to Mt.Magazine State Park to stay in the lodge there for Valentine's Day. It's been awhile since we have been on a two person trip, so I'm looking forward to it.

Robin said...

I love the tube map. The tube is so easy and fun to use. I would love to find a cross stitch pattern of the tube map. Wouldn't that be fun? Have a great weekend.

Ross said...

We've got a winter trip planned to Disneyland with the kids! We're surprising them and telling them the day we leave! Last year was Hawaii with my wife, so this year is a family trip for the kids.

laurie said...

A trip sounds like a good idea!

Midwest to Midlands said...

I have been wanting to take a day trip to London and use that subway map for real, but not in this weather. I too love looking at maps. I have never actually used sat nav, but would much rather read the map instead.
Wish I could get some of your soap.

debbie bailey said...

That is such a good idea! I have one of those maps, too. I wonder where I can use it? If I hang one more thing on the house walls, they'll collapse!

I have a box full of travel brochures, maps, etc. that I just got down from the attic and was thinking about throwing it out without looking through it. Glad I saw this post before doing that. No telling what wonderful stuff I would have lost.

We're going to Ft. Sill in Lawton, OK in March to visit our oldest son and DIL. We're thinking about going to the Kentucky Derby in May. This would be strictly for the 13-year-old daughter as I have no desire to go. And in June, we're going to Philadelphia to visit our youngest son and DIL. He's in seminary there at Westminster.

I'd really like to go to Europe this spring, but with so many smaller trips planned to visit our children, it ain't gonna happen!

Anytime you want to take a girl trip to England, I'm game! I haven't been to Cornwall yet.

thistlewoodfarm said...

Love the desk! My son has a desk upstairs that this would be perfect for.

Thanks for the inspiration.
blessings,
karianne

Emily said...

Great idea! We used to live in London and think fondly everyday of our "old life" on the Tube. This would be a wonderful idea for us to replicate! Thanks for sharing!

Carla from The River said...

MIND THE GAP!

That is what I thought of when I saw your post. :-)

We will be heading to visit my Aunt and Uncle in Caldwell Texas! This will be our first trip south. We will visit Austin. We are very excited to get another capitol in!! It is our family goal to visit all the capitols together. :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails