Monday, June 2, 2014

Update on Meriam Ibrahim Sudanese Christian Execution


Hi friends, I'm sorry I've been absent for a few days, but I needed a blog break. Over the past few days, I've received emails from a couple blogger friends with links to the story of Meriam Ibrahim, which we've been following, with news that she is to be freed within a few days. That was good news. But, like other stories, it depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is.

It's not over yet. Keep praying.

A former Sudanese ambassador to the UK says that she will be freed because 'the Sudan guarantees religious freedom.'

Really?

The foreign minister says her case is not a political issue, and the outcome is tied to 'the outcome of a legal procedure....If the appeals court rules in her favor, she will be released.'

And who knows how long that could take. I've also read somewhere that testimony of Christians is not allowed in her defense because it is illegal.

Has anyone heard our President or our Secretary of State speak out publicly about this case? And what about the women's rights groups?? Where are they?

Keep praying, friends, and write to the White House and the State Department. The pressure cannot be lifted until this brave Christian woman and her children are released.

Links are found in this post, along with links to how to find the email addresses of your senator and representative.

It's not over til it's over.





Photobucket

19 comments:

SImple and Serene Living said...

I have heard that she will be freed and I hope that it is true. I have certainly prayed for her. It is important that all people be given the right to practice their religious beliefs no matter what they are. I do follow women's rights groups and they have spoken out on her behalf. xo Laura

Denise said...

Praying my friend.

Terri D said...

Our government is just a joke now, to most foreign governments. Even if obummer and his follies speak out, it won't be taken seriously and it won't be backed by force of any kind. And now we have released five criminals to get one of ours back. Five who shouldn't even have made it to prison, in my mind.

Thanks for your watch care over this woman with prayer and action! I am praying for the right outcome, and soon!

Samantha said...

I've just read today that it's not true, they've retracted it. I'm so disheartened, I had such joy when I heard she would be freed and today I've read that they are saying that the media mis-understood their comments and she won't be freed.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jun/02/sudan-retracts-claim-meriam-ibrahim-freed?CMP=twt_gu

Cranberry Morning said...

I've just visited the NOW.org site and their number one concern seems to be government protection to kill your unborn child. I see nothing about women's rights in regard to Meriam Ibrahim and her right to protection and her right to choice. If NOW or any other women's organization was interested in women's choice, they would promote ultrasounds to show a woman the child that she is contemplating killing - before she makes that final decision. They would show her a video of the procedure of abortion so she knows exactly what's going to happen to her very real, alive child.

Anonymous said...

There seem to be so many conflicting reports at the moment.

Vee said...

Nope, it's not over. We had so hoped, but when the husband has not been notified... Yet, all this other stuff is going on. So discouraging...

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

I love this photo. Even when freed, I don't feel she is safe from vigilantes.

Buttercup said...

It's not over until Meriam is free. She and her family are in my prayers.

The Cranky said...

Ummm, I...and many of my friends...have, and are, praying, writing, and emailing. All of us are members of women's (and human) rights groups.
*sigh*

NanaDiana said...

Yes- I hope she IS freed! And-you are so right- where are all the right's groups that usually have a loud voice in these issues?

I am praying for her---and for those that suffer similar humilities that we never even hear about- xo Diana

Noelle the dreamer said...

Thanks for sharing Judy and prayers will continue!
God bless,

podso said...

You are so right. It's not over yet.

Roan said...

Prayers. I sue hope she is free soon.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I will continue to pray.....

Cynthia said...

I hope with everything in my heart that she is freed. This is so sick and twisted for me to grasp. I am not counting on our President and anyone else to step up and take action. The y are too weak, sad really!

Cynthia

J_on_tour said...

Strange, all the way through reading this post, I was thinking ... it's not over till it's over.
Governments seem to either appease others or pick and choose which issues they get involved with. It's like they are saving up all their eggs for a bigger day. We know however from recent history in a variety of Christian Faith issues that it's individual test cases that change the course of where public opinion and Governments stand.

Donna said...

The administration and the loser lefties have been noticeably silent on a lot of important issues, including this one.

Marianne (Mare) Baker Ball said...

I don't know why Obama has done nothing here either. Or about our Marine in a Mexican jail. It's upsetting that he traded Bergdahl for terrorists, but has a blind eye for other issues. We certainly need to keep praying.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails